Mike BegleyA native of Black Mountain, Mike is a devoted family man and member of the community:
- Town of Black Mountain, Alderman, 1977-1982
- Town of Black Mountain, Mayor, 1982-1989; 1997-2005
- Lifelong member of Black Mountain Presbyterian Church; Elder, 1980-Present; Clerk of Session, 2007-Present
- Black Mountain Community Endowment Fund, Founding Member, 1999-2009
- Montreat Conference Center Foundation, Board of Directors, 1999-Present
- Montreat Conference Center President's Council, Co-Chair, 2000-2001
- The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, 2000-2009
- Asheville Area Urban Transportation, Chair, 2003-2005
- The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, Chair of Professional Advisory Committee, 2006-2009
Mike received two degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He attended undergraduate school at UNC as a Morehead Scholar and graduated in 1974. He then earned his law degree from UNC School of Law in 1977. He is an avid Tar Heel fan! Upon graduation from law school, Mike returned to the mountains and practiced law at Brock, Begley & Drye. He founded the Begley Law Firm, PA in 1985.
Mike is a licensed member of the North Carolina State Bar, and a member of the North Carolina Bar Association. He served on the North Carolina Bar Association Real Estate Section Council from 1980-1983, and served as Chair of the Real Estate Unauthorized Practice of Law Sub-Committee and the Uniform Computerized Indexing Standards Sub-Committee in 1981. Mike is also a member of the 28th Judicial District Bar Association.
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Probate Administration and Estate Settlement
- Real Estate
- Business Law
Contact Us103 Richardson Blvd.
Black Mountain, NC 28711
Phone: (828) 669-4000
Fax: (828) 669-9619